Educating and advocating for healthier communities
Jump IN plays two specific roles in public policy:
- Be a trusted and credible voice that can educate and inform policymakers when decisions are being shaped.
- Be an effective advocate in advancing specific initiatives locally and at the Statehouse.
Jump IN joins other organizations to promote targeted public policy initiatives that encourage healthy nutrition and physical activity practices throughout the community. Examples of these policies include:
- Healthy food financing incentives to address lack of access to affordable healthy foods in many of our community’s neighborhoods.
- Enhanced child care guidelines to implement healthy nutrition and physical activity policies
- Adoption of Complete Streets policies in those cities in central Indiana that have not yet adopted them
- Support for better transit options
Additionally, we work with state and local elected officials to promote broader awareness of our work to reduce childhood obesity.